Fighting Meta with Magic - Lores of the Slann
Part Two: It takes two to Party! (Dual Slann)
|Sometimes even a Slann needs a friend...|
- Cost: 2 Slann will set you back a minimum of 575 points (once one is a BSB)
- Weak: In a 2400pt game the two Slann are limited to one Discipline each (one can have two if you want no items and no Slann BSB) and very few magic items
- Inefficiency: With an average winds of magic dice you don’t have enough power to make use of the 8 spells (minimum) you have access to every turn.
- Skinks: You could get 55 skinks for the cost of a Slann. Ok, no one makes this argument, but it’s probably the best one ;-)
- Cheaper: The loss of one Slann is not a crushing blow. Miscasts become less scary.
- Sphere of influence: The lizardmen army works best within the 12” bubbles of Inspiring Presence or Hold Your Ground (they don’t normally need both). Two Slann allow you to split those responsibilities between the frogs, and allows the army to spread out.
- Flexibility: As ever so subtly alluded to above, one Slann means committing to one magic lore, two allows you to do, well, two things. It gives you a better toolbox to deal with situations as they arise.
A) Best of Both Worlds: Light/Death
To be continued.....